Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Funday

Well kids it's sunday...which means RECIPEEEEEE! And a little bit of other stuff.

My husband and I recently decided to take the financial jump and join a gym.  First it was just going to be for me because he already has access to very nice workout facilities (well we both do but I am NOT comfortable with it...hint: military).  As we took the tour of the local cheapy gym full of old folks and the occasional meat head he decided he wanted to be able to come with me and encourage me.  We fell in love with this gym.  It is not a big chain gym, has no fancy swimming pool, basketball courts, or any other frilly stuff that costs $80/month reguardless of whether or not you use it.  This place is self conscious girl heaven.  At home the gym I went to had 3 treadmills, 3 ellypticals, and you were lucky to have one working when you came in so this little neighborhood "average joe" gym is so perfect for me.

Today the hubs and I worked out together for the first time since a rather horrifying incident at the workout facilities we can go to for free.  So I guess this makes this the 2nd time I've ever worked out in front of him (literally haha).  Growing up on a farm, being active in field events in track in high school as well as multiple other attempts at athletics, and constantly trying to keep up with my older male cousins my whole life obviously wasn't a big sign saying "hey this girl is capable of some pretty amazing s**t in the physical department) for him.  As I calmly wiped down my machine after 30 minutes of hill climbing ellyptical on level 5 I caught my husband staring at my with his mouth open and eyes wide from the weight room.  Didn't think anything of it really because he's always kinda looked at me in awe when I do anything really.  So I joined him and asked him to help me work on arms.  He set a weight for me for lat pulls.  I asked him to add some....then add some more....then add some more.  Finally I get to a good weight where I can actually feel a burn at all and when I'm done he's just looking at me like I'm the new game hes been waiting 5 years for (for example Skyrim...he will never live down buying that for himself when I had already preordered it for his birthday!).  "What?"  "Nicci I've never seen any girl work out like this."  "Um...what?"  "You just worked harder on the ellyptical than I have in most football practices and you just lat pulled 70 pounds like a boss."  Like I said he missed the memo that I'm a pretty tough gal...or maybe it just purposely didn't get sent to him ;)  But that made me feel pretty awesome.

Anyway, todays recipe is a smoothly recipe.  I am on the herbalife diet/lifestyle and I absolutely love it.  I feel so beyond great.  This smoothy has herbalife Formula 1 shake mix in it but it's not necessary for the shoothy itself and it will taste amazing with or without it.  This recipe makes 2 shakes as I make it for myself AND my husband post workout.  You could easily substitute any protein powder for the herbalife shake mix but I'm pretty biased :)

1 cup ice
1 cup baby spinach
1 banana
1 peach
4 scoops Pina Colada flavored Formula 1
1-1 1/2 cup pineapple juice

Blend it all up and enjoy.

Tonight I'm trying a random stew inspired crock pot meal with lots of odds and ends.  I'll be sure to let y'all know how it turns out.  Til then have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment