Thursday, September 20, 2012

Simple as that

Thursday!  That last looooong day before Friday and the weekend.  For me Thursday is my least favorite day to cook...not sure exactly why but it seems a chore on Thursdays.  So simple cooking it is!  Again I apologize that I do not have a picture...still haven't figured out why blogger isn't allowing me to attach pictures.

Honey Soy Salmon

The Salmon is really simple.  I use the frozen salmon fillets you can find in most grocery stores mostly because I'm cheap.  Broil salmon for 5 minutes.  While that is going mix together soy sauce and honey to taste.  Brush the sauce on the salmon and broil another 2-5 minutes.  I was shocked at how amazing honey and soy tasted together but then again I had never considered the combination.

Fried Rice

Steamed rice (I use brown Minute Rice)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T sesame oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
frozen peas and carrots if desired
2 eggs
1/4 cup soy sauce

Heat sesame oil in frying pan and add onion and garlic.  This would also be a good time to add the veggies.  Once that becomes fragrant (you know...that yummy garlic smell) add the well beaten eggs and cook it like you would scrambled eggs.  Add rice and soy sauce and serve.  I love this recipe.  I never thought fried rice could be so easy.  I've been on an asian food kick lately....more to come soon :) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment