Sunday, September 16, 2012

Recipe Dump Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone!  As promised I have a couple recipes to share.  As always alter them as you wish to your taste.  We can all be chefs we just need to learn to be adventurous in the kitchen.  I also apologize for no photos =( for some reason blogger is not allowing me to insert images.

First meal:  Meatloaf, caulitaters, and green beans

Meatloaf:
1 lb ground beef, chicken, or turkey (whichever you would like)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
3 cloves minced garlic (ok I love garlic so I use a lot of it...add or use less if desired)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 egg
1/2 cup ketchup or bbq sauce
bacon (optional)

Again play with quantities.  Ok so after all your veggies are all chopped up and ready to go mix everything (but bacon) together.  I prefer to use my hands and just get all sorts of messy and gooey because I guess I'm a weirdo like that.  After everythings mixed pretty evenly make a "loaf" and place in bread pan or whatever pan you prefer to use for your meatloaf.  Make a crazy cool design with ketchup or bbq sauce on top and place bacon on top.  Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.

You can make this recipe as healthy or fatty as you want.  I typically use more veggies and just kinda throw them in to hide them from my husband (muahahahahahaha).  Meatloaf is my absolute favorite meal.  My mouth is watering as I write this so moving on....

Caulitaters
1 bag frozen cauliflower florets
1/2 cup cottage cheese
parmesan cheese
pepper

Prepare cauliflower florets according to package directions.  I try to find the steamable bags and if I don't have that I buy a normal frozen bag and boil them.  Blend well with cottage cheese and pepper to taste.  Spread in a pan, cover with parmesan cheese, and back at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty.

My husband loves this!  Mashed potatoes are definitely a win every time with him but they aren't very bueno for my wishes to eat healthier (especially the way I was taught to make them...sheesh talk about calories...ha).  This is a fantastic substitute.  I'll admit it's not the same as some good old fashioned mashed taters but it's absolutely delicious.

If you don't know how to prepare plain old green beans...well I think I'll save that how to for another day.  We use the steamable bags of green beans and add a little pepper.  You'll notice I dont use much salt.  I try to avoid salt at all costs.  This does not mean that you have to as well.  You're only going to like a recipe if it matches your taste preferences.  Make it happen.  And with that I say TTFN and happy eating <3

No comments:

Post a Comment